Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Paul McCartney Speaks on what Caused his Move to Vegetarianism and Cruelty-Free Lifestyle: Fishing

This is a great short article. Interestingly, this is one of the first realizations I had before moving into the cruelty free lifestyle. I literally had the exact same realization under the same circumstances. This realization is usually what it takes for one to make the move.

Article:

McCartney hooked vegetarianism on fishing trip

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080312/wl_uk_afp/entertainmentbritainmccartney

29 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Pop legend Paul McCartney turned vegetarian after going on a fishing trip, he reveals in a new celebrity campaign for an animal rights group launched on Wednesday.

The former Beatle, 65, poses next to the words: "I Am Paul McCartney, And I Am A Vegetarian" in the advert for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta).

"Many years ago, I was fishing, and as I was reeling in the poor fish, I realised, 'I am killing him -- all for the passing pleasure it brings me'," he said.

"Something inside me clicked. I realised as I watched him fight for breath that his life was as important to him as mine is to me."

Sir Paul, who is pictured wearing a trilby and a T-shirt with the words "Eat No" over a picture of a cow, said he believed if the world rejected meat it could bring an end to famine.

His late wife, Linda, who died of cancer in 1998, launched a line of vegetarian food in Britain.

Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker, former "Baywatch" star Pamela Anderson and Hollywood actress Alicia Silverstone are among other celebrities posing for the vegetarianism campaign.

No comments:

Search for More Content

Custom Search

Bookmark and Share

Past Articles